We have been growing quality bedding plants for over 30 years and they are still a big part of our nurseries production. Each year we grow over 4 million quality patio and basket plants, across hundreds of varieties. It takes minutes to bring plants down from our nursery into the sales area, guaranteeing they are wonderfully fresh.
Summer patio and basket plants are so versatile, they provide colour from late spring right through to the first frosts. They are ideal for beds, borders, patios, tubs, pots, hanging baskets and window boxes. Popular species are impatiens, geraniums and nasturtium, as well as fuchsias, begonias and petunias.
At Botany Bay you can purchase your bedding plants in a number of ways;
- Young bedding plant seedlings - seedlings grown ready to prick out or pot-on, into a heated glass house or conservatory. Available in February and March.
- Pack or box bedding. Our range is ideal for bigger scale projects in the garden when you’ll need a quantity of the same plant, or hand select individual plants to create your own designer hanging basket or container. Available from early April.
- Hanging basket Plug Plants that you can grow on yourself or even plant them direct into a hanging basket. Available from the middle of March.
- Hanging basket plants in 9cm/ 3.5” pots. These plants are more established and are ready to plant into baskets or the garden borders. Available from mid April.
- Large specimen geraniums and fuchsias are another of Botany Bay Nurseries specialities. A plant large enough to fill a single basket or chimney pot, providing instant colour! Available from early May